COVID-19 Information Center
Up-to-date information for our members regarding COVID-19, commonly referred to as coronavirus.
*Information was updated as of July 9, 2020
Find an updated, comprehensive list of suspended, impacted, and available City of Phoenix services here.
City of Phoenix Coronavirus Business & Resident Resources
FAQ: Conducting Business in the Real Estate Industry during COVID-19
Provided by Arizona REALTORS® - For any further questions, you may contact the Legal Hotline at 1-800-533-9294.
Congress Grants PPP Extension
U.S. Congress cleared legislation extending the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), popular with REALTORS®, through August 8.
PPP Flexibility Act Passes Congress
On June 3, the Senate passed the “PPP Flexibility Act” by unanimous consent. This bill, which the House passed last week by a vote of 417-1, amends the CARES Act to give more flexibility to PPP borrowers in how they can use their loan proceeds. Specifically, the bill makes the following positive changes to the program:
- Extends the PPP program through the end of this year. The application deadline remains June 30, 2020.
- Increases the amount of time borrowers have to use their loans from 8 to 24-weeks (borrowers who use it in 8 will not be penalized).
- Decreases the mandatory payroll amount of the loan from 75% to 60%.
- Extends the forbearance period for a PPP loan from six-months to a year.
- Extends the re-hire exemption for businesses from June 30 to December 31.
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA)
PUA provides up to 39 weeks of benefits to qualifying individuals who are otherwise able to work and available for work within the meaning of applicable state law, except that they are unemployed, partially unemployed, or unable or unavailable to work due to COVID-19 related reasons, as defined in the CARES Act. Benefit payments under PUA are retroactive, for weeks of unemployment, partial employment, or inability to work due to COVID-19 reasons starting on or after January 27, 2020. The CARES Act specifies that PUA benefits cannot be paid for weeks of unemployment ending after December 31, 2020.
COVID-19 Arizona REALTORS® Relief Hotline - (833) 431-INFO
The NEW COVID-19 Arizona REALTORS® Relief Hotline provides members with help navigating and applying for financial assistance programs during the Coronavirus Pandemic. This FREE member beneﬁt is available to all Arizona REALTORS®. The hours are Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to noon, and 2:00 to 4:30 p.m., excluding holidays.
Save Our Home AZ – Foreclosure Assistance
The Save Our Home AZ (“SOHAZ”) Program offers Principal Reduction Assistance, Monthly Mortgage Subsidy Assistance for under and unemployed Arizonans and Second Lien Elimination Assistance to qualified Arizona homeowners.
During this time when so many are working from home, Phoenix REALTORS wants to remind its members that you get online CE classes FREE! Go to https://www.desertsageseminars.com/Products. Select your classes and use your MLS ID as a discount code when you check out to get them FREE. Keep safe while keeping up with your credits. See step-by-step instructions on our calendar page.
Real Estate News Related to COVID-19
- Updated Policies for Maricopa County Recorder's Office
- President Trump has signed the historic $2.2 trillion Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act into law
- NAR Wins Major Provisions for REALTORS®
- Arizona REALTORS® Coronavirus/Covid-19 Addendum Released
- Avoid Coronavirus Scams
- Fannie Mae Single-Family Sellers - Temporary Appraisal Requirement Flexibilities & More
- Mortgage Help For Homeowners Impacted By The Coronavirus
From Gov. Doug Ducey's Office
- Reopening Guidance
- Governor Doug Ducey's Office: Stay Healthy, Return Smarter, Return Stronger
- VIDEO: Governor Ducey Provides Updates On COVID-19, Guidance For Businesses
- Governor Ducey Announces Updated Guidance For Arizonans, Businesses
- Governor Ducey Signs Executive Order Establishing Virtual Notary Services
- Governor Ducey Issues Executive Order Halting Evictions For Small Businesses And Nonprofits
- Order Allows Certain Prescription Refills Without Having To See A Doctor
- Governor Ducey Requests Major Disaster Declaration for Additional Support in COVID-19 Response
- Executive Order: “Stay Home, Stay Healthy, Stay Connected”
- Governor Ducey's One-Stop Resource for COVID-19 News
- Governor Ducey Issues Executive Order Detailing “Essential Services,” INCLUDING real estate services
- Governor Ducey's Executive Order on Eviction Postponements
From National Association of REALTORS® (NAR)
- VIDEO: Navigating the Current Economy
- The 2020 REALTORS® Conference & Expo in November will be transitioned to a fully virtual format
- Meeting the Needs of Buyers and Sellers During and After the Pandemic
- Navigating the Economy & Housing Market Through COVID-19
- MONDAY MINUTE: Upcoming legislative activity important to real estate
- Coronavirus: Quick Reference Guide on the Main Street Lending Program
- COVID-19 Workplace Re-Entry Checklist
- How to Obtain Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) Benefits and Remain Eligible to Receive PUA Benefits
- Down Payment Resource: Down Payment Resource®(DPR) creates opportunity for homebuyers, Realtors and lenders by uncovering programs that get people into homes.
- REALTOR® RESILIENCY REPORT: This communication from NAR to all Members describes the many ways NAR is working to guide and support REALTORS® and the real estate industry during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- 2020 NAR Flash Survey: Economic Pulse: April 19-20, 2020
- NAR Weekly Housing Market Monitor: April 20-24, 2020
- Coronavirus: Quick Reference Guide on Health Insurance Coverage
- NAR's Advocacy Work Towards COVID-19 Relief
- Weekly Housing Market Monitor
- Coronavirus: Mortgage and Personal Finance FAQs
- Coronavirus: SBA CARES Act FAQs
- NAR Is Providing 2 Months of TeleHealth Access to Members
- VIDEO: Special Message from NAR President Vince Malta
- NAR Coronavirus Advocacy FAQ
- Coronavirus Legislation: What REALTORS® Need to Know
- Coronavirus: Resources for Property Owners
- Housing Department Impacted Services Update
- Families First Response Act: NAR Member Impact Summary
- The Right Tools, Right Now Initiative
- Open House Guidance During COVID-19
The Department (ADRE) is directing individual licensees that are due to expire at the end of the month to search the ADRE Public Database for available online Continuing Education (CE) Courses. The Department is not waiving continuing education hours for license renewals, nor extending expiration dates. Nearly 99 percent of license renewals are submitted online. More information can be found on the Arizona Department of Real Estate portal: http://www.re.state.az.us/OnlineServices.aspx
Arizona REALTORS® Broker/Manager Memo on COVID-19 Contractual Provisions
Arizona REALTORS® has prepared contractual language that parties may wish to insert into an Addendum or in the Additional Terms section of the Purchase Contract.
Local and National News Related to COVID-19
Coronavirus and Real ID: What to do if your AZ driver's license is about to expire
President Donald Trump has postponed the Oct. 1 deadline for upgrading to the identification you'll eventually need to board a plane.
Attorney General Brnovich and Senator Sinema Issue Warning Regarding New COVID-19 Senior Scams
Both offices have reported an increase in communications from concerned Arizonans.
Downtown Phoenix Buildings Transition to “By Appointment Only”
As of March 23, public access to the following downtown city of Phoenix buildings is by appointment only:
- Phoenix City Hall – 200 W. Washington St.
- Calvin C. Goode Building – 251 W. Washington St.
- Phoenix Public Transit Building – 302 N. First Ave.
IRS: Payment Deadline Extended to July 15, 2020
Individuals: Income tax payment deadlines for individual returns, with a due date of April 15, 2020, are being automatically extended until July 15, 2020, for up to $1 million of their 2019 tax due. This payment relief applies to all individual returns, including self-employed individuals, and all entities other than C-Corporations, such as trusts or estates. IRS will automatically provide this relief to taxpayers. Taxpayers do not need to file any additional forms or call the IRS to qualify for this relief. Corporations: For C Corporations, income tax payment deadlines are being automatically extended until July 15, 2020, for up to $10 million of their 2019 tax due.
Utilities, phone companies change policies to help customers amid coronavirus spread
Utilities, such as Arizona Public Service (APS) and Salt River Project (SRP) are temporarily suspending electric disconnections during the pandemic. Other companies that pledged to extend services include Southwest Gas, T-Mobile, Cox, CenturyLink, and Phoenix Water Service Department. Read more about the companies’ service and late-fee policies here.
Messages to Members from Phoenix REALTORS®
Take 15% OFF in the Online REALTOR® Store!
COVID-19 Relief Package Benefits for REALTORS®, Other Important Updates
VIDEO: Message from 2020 President Sam Miller
Phoenix REALTORS® CEO's Message Regarding COVID-19
We're Here to Help! Phoenix REALTORS® Services are Available by Phone and Email
Governor Declares Real Estate Essential Service, Other Important COVID-19 Updates
COVID-19 Addendum Released, Other Important Updates
Check Facebook Posts Here
National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) COVID-19 Guide for REALTORS®
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Maricopa County Public Health
Arizona Department of Health Services
NAR Guide for Associations
NAR Guide for REALTORS®